Island King Tikis

Picked up a Tiki brand torch called Island King last week at Menards. They were on sale for $8.88. Got them mounted on the deck rail this afternoon. Wow, they have a huge flame! Not sure you can tell how large the flame is from the photo. Eager to see how they look at night. If nothing else, they will ignite any bugs that get close.

Thinking I might have to invest in a 55 gal drum of Tiki fuel to keep these things going.

9333588007_5402957b5c_o.jpg

I have a couple of those. They are awesome. I light mine about an hour before dark and they really help keep Mosquitos away. I also have a couple of homemade tiki torches closer to the house that do not have as large a flame.

The only downside is the flimsy pole for the ground mounted unit. I plan to buy an iron pole to mount mine on. The three piece bends way too easily.

One tip on these. A lot of people complain that the bottom rusts out. This is probably because they don't care for them properly. I not only keep the top on mine when not in use, I also keep a small bathroom size garbage bag over mine when it rains to make sure they stay dry. It really extends the life. For $20 they are a great deal.

If I put those out I know without a doubt there would be footage of them running the torch Olympic Style ~ full speed, slow-mo ~ the works. My crew is nuts here. Youtube would be polluted with torch antics :shock:

I really like them but my first thought was the Olympic Theme and then I think the first or second post after you put those up mentioned the Olympics and I had to chuckle.

You can light the area and cook a dog ~ it doesn't get any better than that ~ enjoy them, they are pretty.

I have two of those and love the larger flame, huge improvement over the regular ones.

I'm going to get a couple of the fancier ones that came out this year.

And yes, they chow the oil much more quickly but it's very worth it IMO.

I found I could install electrical conduit into the ground and then slide the tikis shaft inside the rigid conduit. Made for a more solid installation. I then painted the conduits black with spray paint.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.