Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Island King Tikis

1. Back To Top    #1

Island King Tikis

Picked up a Tiki brand torch called Island King last week at Menards. They were on sale for $8.88. Got them mounted on the deck rail this afternoon. Wow, they have a huge flame! Not sure you can tell how large the flame is from the photo. Eager to see how they look at night. If nothing else, they will ignite any bugs that get close.

Thinking I might have to invest in a 55 gal drum of Tiki fuel to keep these things going.

............................................................ ........................
    Kayak Pool - 12 ft. x 24 ft. rectangular, 5˝ ft. deep end
    Frog System, Sta-Rite-Modular Media Cartridge Filter, Pentair 1 H.P. pump
    AquaPRO Pro500 heat pump & Automatic AutoGuard™ Pool safety cover
    ............................................................ ........................

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Island King Tikis

You can run that at the next Olympics.
    23.6x14 IG free form ~8K gallon, Pentair VS 3050 Intelliflo, GloBrite LED lighting w/IntelliBrite controller, Aztec Cobalt water tile. CLI Carolina Blue pebble finish, Bronze pool cage, 336 sqft Heliocol solar heating. Build Thread and landscaping Solar heating install

3. Back To Top    #3

I have a couple of those. They are awesome. I light mine about an hour before dark and they really help keep Mosquitos away. I also have a couple of homemade tiki torches closer to the house that do not have as large a flame.

The only downside is the flimsy pole for the ground mounted unit. I plan to buy an iron pole to mount mine on. The three piece bends way too easily.

One tip on these. A lot of people complain that the bottom rusts out. This is probably because they don't care for them properly. I not only keep the top on mine when not in use, I also keep a small bathroom size garbage bag over mine when it rains to make sure they stay dry. It really extends the life. For $20 they are a great deal.
    Gunite/Plaster pool at 13k gallons. All Jandy with CL340 series cartridge filter, 1.5 HP Jandy Stealth pump. Jandy 1400 SWCG and PDA4 controller. Dual waterfalls. Polaris 280. Pool installed August 2012. Southern Louisiana. And lets not forget my trusty TF100 test kit!

4. Back To Top    #4

Where did you get these?
    24,000 20x42 double roman end in ground pool being built. Start date june13, 2012.
    Finished July 4th, 2012, sports pool, vinyl,SWG, DE filter, fountains. Heat pump,
    First Pool Ever!

5. Back To Top    #5

Looks nice... but a bit intimidating when you have a bunch of kids running around. I would keep them in areas kids won't be running, or have a chance to bump into them.
    Indiana, ABG 24'x52" Galveston by Blue Cascade (Craigslist buy w/part of deck included), 13,500 gallons, Intex SWG, solar panels mix 2, TF-100 test kit.

Test kits compared
    Purchase test kits

6. Back To Top    #6

If I put those out I know without a doubt there would be footage of them running the torch Olympic Style ~ full speed, slow-mo ~ the works. My crew is nuts here. Youtube would be polluted with torch antics

I really like them but my first thought was the Olympic Theme and then I think the first or second post after you put those up mentioned the Olympics and I had to chuckle.

You can light the area and cook a dog ~ it doesn't get any better than that ~ enjoy them, they are pretty.
    AGP: 27' x 52" : 17,500 gallon
    300 lb. Sand Filter (75 gpm) / 1.5 hp pump
    Full Sun ~ All Day

7. Back To Top    #7

I got mine at Lowes.
    Gunite/Plaster pool at 13k gallons. All Jandy with CL340 series cartridge filter, 1.5 HP Jandy Stealth pump. Jandy 1400 SWCG and PDA4 controller. Dual waterfalls. Polaris 280. Pool installed August 2012. Southern Louisiana. And lets not forget my trusty TF100 test kit!

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by Blessedwithfivekids
    Where did you get these?
    Menards

http://www.menards.com/main/outdoors/ou ... -10144.htm
    Kayak Pool - 12 ft. x 24 ft. rectangular, 5˝ ft. deep end
    Frog System, Sta-Rite-Modular Media Cartridge Filter, Pentair 1 H.P. pump
    AquaPRO Pro500 heat pump & Automatic AutoGuard™ Pool safety cover

9. Back To Top    #9

I have two of those and love the larger flame, huge improvement over the regular ones.

I'm going to get a couple of the fancier ones that came out this year.

And yes, they chow the oil much more quickly but it's very worth it IMO.
    Intex UltraFrame 14'x48in - 3,900 gallons. Intex 1600 GPH combo Sand Filter/SWG Hard Plumbed w/Hayward skimmer, suction & return. Borates.
    And... 15k gallon kidney shaped gunite 1975 vintage. Hayward DE3620 filter + Hayward 750 pump.
    TF100 Test Kit | Pool School | Pool Math

10. Back To Top    #10

I found I could install electrical conduit into the ground and then slide the tikis shaft inside the rigid conduit. Made for a more solid installation. I then painted the conduits black with spray paint.
    -- Guy --
    10K gallons in 21' Round 52 inch wall Aqualeader AG, Hayward Power Flow LX 1.5 HP pump motor, Hayward Perflex EC50AC DE filter w/Cellulose, Wide mouth skimmer, 2013 new Diver Dan (craigslist) to replace the faded old Hayward AquaBug. TF-100