Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: fittings leaking

1. Back To Top    #1

fittings leaking

Just put in the intex sand filter. I took the old fittings off since they don't have the pressure relief valves in them. When water began to pump, the fitting out of the pool to the filter leaked. I have tightened that thing as tight as it will go and it still leaks.

Did I get a bad fitting? it seems to leak three different places. The side of the fitting, the part that spins. The relief valve and the top of the fitting where you turn the flow on and off.

Anyone have similar issues?

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

Re: fittings leaking

Are you talking about a union? Do you have a pic?
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    Elverson Pa.

Did you put any thread sealant on the threads ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

4. Back To Top    #4

I have replaced the fittings, the ones right off the sides of the pool with new ones from another box from Meijers. The box was open when we bought it and was missing a couple of screws but that was all we could find missing. when we tried to fittings that hold the hoses they leaked from the sides, top, etc. They had minute cracks. Meijers had another one in stock but not on the floor... we replaced the broken ones for new ones and now we are in business...

Thanks for the support, I will be looking at many more posts on here for water cleaning, etc...