Greetings from Western MA.

sirjames41

Bronze Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 20, 2013
Bought a house three years ago with an existing pool,not sure of it`s age but was glad it came with the house.
This year we waited until last Saturday to open due to a new deck being built and was greeted by a 24` above ground putting green,needless to say I dropped a good chunk of change at the local pool supplier with less than satisfactory results.
In my search for answers I came upon this site and quickly signed up hoping to snoop around and learn.
Thanks in advance for whatever information I may find and use.
Jim S Chicopee MA.

Hi, Jim. Welcome to the forum. :lol:

I always suggest newbies start in Pool School and read "The ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry". Get a good grasp on that info as it is the basic stuff you need to know to manage your pool.

Welcome to TFP !!

Make sure you attend pool school and take all the coruses. You will want to arm yourself with one of the reccommended test kits. Best invest you can make. It will make maintaining your pool alot easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Welcome to the forum :wave:

Because you donated to support the site before your first post, it is obvious that you realize you have found the premier pool care site on the net :goodjob:

Folks here will help you take control of your pool and enjoy doing it. :-D

Welcome, Sirjames41! I also spent way too much money at the PS without good results. You have come to the right place. Do get one of the recommened kits ASAP. Lots of us use the TF100 along with the Speedstir. I spent less on the kit and Speedstir than on one trip to the PS for the "free" test that indicated what and how many expensive things I needed to buy. Read, read, read and read somemore! Your pool will turn into the oasis you want it to be and you will learn how to do it without the pool store"s hand in your pocket. Better yet, you will get the results you are looking for--a clear pool!

Since following TFP and doing things the right way, I can tell you that I have not had to SLAM my pool once or use algaecide in the last three years. It's all about keeping the water balanced the BBB way. With a green pool now you are going to receive lots of info on SLAMing your pool. Listen to it and follow their advice and you will get there.

Almost forgot! Thanks for supporting this site.

Butterfly said:
Welcome to the forum :wave:

Because you donated to support the site before your first post, it is obvious that you realize you have found the premier pool care site on the net :goodjob:

Folks here will help you take control of your pool and enjoy doing it. :-D

Compared to what I spent at said store the fee for this site was practically free. :rant: