2 Qs what brand is my pool, can i switch from beaded liner

Jul 20, 2013
I aquired a pretty nice pool, gettin it for free but just have to remove it. Nothng wrong with it, just a grandma and grandpa whos kids and grandkids have grown up and pool no longer gets used. I can find no brand name and they cant find paperwork and dont remember. Only feature i can find is an eagle at the top of each suppor post.

2nd Q is, the pool has a beaded liner, i can see the bead channel about 6-8" below the top of the pool. I would like to switch to an overlap expandable liner and buy the cove pieces, i want more liner options. Can i do this? Do i need to remove the channel or can the new liner just go over it?

Re: 2 Qs what brand is my pool, can i switch from beaded lin

Ok i see after taking the pool down and bringing it home how the beaded liner works. I thought there was a channel attached to the inside of the pool wal but there is not. So am i ok to get cove peices and just order an overlap liner?

Liners come in three basic styles... beaded where you need a receiver (like you have, sounds like) an overlap (no receiver, coping strips to hold liner) or a J-bead/Uni-bead that is a self hanging style (no receiver or coping strips needed)

Overlap liners, to my knowledge, only come with a single design print all over (no tiles or border patterns). They DO come in expandable types if you want a deep area.

The beaded liners come in all-over prints or come with a border. IIRC, they cannot be used in an expanded.

When i replaced my j-bead liner, I found out the hard way you need to be very careful in who you deal with at the liner order pace. I ended up with a beaded liner (not a j- or uni-bead) and to convert, it would require more money in receiver than in liner. I returned it and replace it with a j-bead.

IMG_4941.JPG

The liner we took out was some kind of beaded, im still confused as to which beaded, there was a strip about 2-3 inches tall that hooked over the top of the wall and had a channel at the bottom of the strip, then the liner hooked/snapped into that channel at the bottom of the strip....
so its sounding like i can order an overlap liner and then will also need the cove pieces to retain the liner to the top of the wall?? We didnt bring that channel piece that hooked over the wall back with us so its sounding like i may have to go with the overlap liner now. This doesnt upset me as i want an expandable liner

If you want an expandable liner, to make a deep end, you MUST use a overlap and the coping strip that go over the liner to hold it to the wall. The pool may also have a coping strip separate from the liner's, IIRC.

Sounds like you had a Unibead liner being connected to the receivers and the j-hook was also used. Not normal in my understanding. If you buy a Uni-bead it had the bead on the bottom and the j-hook on top. I think you supposed to cut the hook off if you use the recivers. But I could be mistaken, there are lots of options.

techguy said:
Overlap liners, to my knowledge, only come with a single design print all over (no tiles or border patterns). They DO come in expandable types if you want a deep area.

Not trying to nitpick, but my overlap does have a border design different from the rest of the liner.

--Thomas

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

I will say that the options are fewer than traditional liners but there are some patterns.

Linerworld.com seemed to have the best assortment but i was just contacted today after ordering and informed they were out of stock of the "glimmerglass" liner i chose

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.