Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: what is this stuff????????

1. Back To Top    #1

what is this stuff????????

[i] what is this stuff algae or not
    Not sure if it is mustard algae or not, kind of looks like sand its in the deep end corners and incline of the pool, cant vacuum it, it settles right back. Thiis is the second season with, someone told us it is mustard algae, I'm beginning to think not! please help, coudl it be a chemical imbalance???? : I want to cry

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tomball, Texas
    can you post a pic of it and your current numbers? Does the stuff accumulate in the shady part of the pool?
    20K IG Gunite w/ raised 7ft spillover spa. 1.5 HP Hayward Northstar pump 425 sq ft Hayward cartridge filter, Colorlogic lights AquaRite SWG AquaLogic PS-8 control
    1hp pump for sheer descent

3. Back To Top    #3
    i 'm at work and dont have any pix, i can send numbers tonight. sorry thanks for you quck response. no, becuase the pool has sun all over at one point or another, and sometimes it is in the shallow end , when you move it, it clouds up until it settles back down, I have scrubbed, put algae control, because we were told it's algae. I am stumped

4. Back To Top    #4
    Silver Spring, MD
    Mustard algae usually grows on the walls of the shady side of the pool, though it can sometimes appear elsewhere. Pollen, dead algae, and blown in dust often form drifts in quiet corners of the pool and can look somewhat similar to mustard algae.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School