Can't keep FC up

Jul 20, 2013
Lebanon TN
Hello all, new member have had my pool for 3 years. It's 16*32 about 15,000 gallons. I have a Compupool SWG, last year I had to replace the board on the unit. This yr I am having problems keeping FC in the pool, and low salt light has been on. Last weekend I got everything tested at the lab and got everything back up. Added 2 bags of salt, 3 bags of shock, low and slo, and stabilizer. This morning I went out side and the pool was a little cloud, tested it and my FC was 0, and salt light was on. Other that it being 95+ this week why can't I keep my FC up? I know my SWG is working, I can see the bubbles, it runs 8 hrs total a day and is at 100%. I just came in from looking at the unit and the low salt light was off so I turned the Super Chloridant on. Any help would be great, thanks

Welcome to TFP!

Unfortunately you been doing a lot of things that are not recommended here.

First, you need to order one of the recommended test kits. You cannot trust "lab" results aka pool store results.

Second, you need to read Pool School and then read it again.

Until we have a full set of good test results the process will be at a standstill. After reading through Pool School you will realize adding things like "powdered shock" have negative side effects that can even make your problem worse.

If you want, you can post the results you have but they may or may not be helpful.

That kit is not as accurate as the ones we recommend. What kit is it ? What we teach here is accurate water testing so you know where your levels are and only add things you need to keep you water balanced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

The test strips aren't worth the paper their made with. I hope you consider one of the test kits we recommend. It will be the best investment you can make.

Hint. Become a lifetime supporter and you will get a discount on the TF100 kit. That's what I use.

In the mean time of me getting a test kit can someone help me out with the problem of not keeping FC in my pool? Also best I can tell my local pool place uses the exact same test kits you all are suggesting.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

You said your water is a little cloudy which indicates something is going on and consuming your FC. I would recommend you SLAM your pool per pool school instructions.

You need to know your CYA level so you know what the shock level is. That's where the good test kit comes into play.

They do not likely use the FAS-DPD test ... and there are hundreds of threads that prove how inaccurate pool store testing is.

You need to go through the SLAM process. [slam:wrwr8yio][/slam:wrwr8yio]

Have to know the CYA first, and that is the worst test from the pool store.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.