Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Jandy Aquapure 14000

1. Back To Top    #1

Jandy Aquapure 14000

I just fixed my swg cell today by replacing the sensor because of the codes I had. Everything is working fine but I am outside today watching it and it seems to go into cell resting mode a lot. Is it normal or do I need to do something? I guess I have to wait to tomorrow to see if it is producing chlorine or not. Have it set at 50% now running it for about 7 hours like I did before the sensor went bad. Any input would be great. Thanks
    18,500 IG Gunite Tahoe Blue pool With 7x7 attached Spa
    Jandy CL580 Filter x4
    Jandy Stealth 2.0 Two Speed Pump
    Pentair LA001N BOOSTER PUMP
    AQUA PURE PLC1400 SWG
    JANDY LXI 400k BTU HEATER
    AQUA LINK RS CONTROL PANEL
    TF-100 Test Kit & Speedstir

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Jandy Aquapure 14000

You can check to see if it's producing by getting a sample of the return flow and compare it to the rest of the pool.

I am not sure about the "resting mode" you are observing. Does that swg allow you to set a percentage (duty cycle)? If it does I would guess the "resting mode" is just the off portion of the duty cycle.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

3. Back To Top    #3

The only thing I can adjust is the chlorine percentage. I don't know what you mean by the duty cycle. I have it set at 50%. I checked and it is producing chlorine from the return.
    Jandy CL580 Filter x4
    AQUA PURE PLC1400 SWG

4. Back To Top    #4

"Chlorine Percentage" of 50% means the swg is producing chlorine 1/2 the time it is on. So 50% duty cycle. In other words, it appears the "rest time" you observed is in fact the 50% of the time the swg is not producing chlorine. You may be able to shorten your pump time by turning the swg up closer to 100%. Take a look at this article: http://www.troublefreepool.com/pool-.../pump_run_time
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

5. Back To Top    #5

Will increasing the percentage shorten the life of the cell life or is it a combination of run time?
    Thanks for your help.
    Jandy CL580 Filter x4
    AQUA PURE PLC1400 SWG

6. Back To Top    #6

Cell life is generally determined by total run time (run time being when the plates are energized).

7. Back To Top    #7

Thanks for your help. By increasing the percentage it is now resting less
    Jandy CL580 Filter x4
    AQUA PURE PLC1400 SWG

8. Back To Top    #8

Glad to help