Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: tested with tf 100

1. Back To Top    #1

tested with tf 100

new semi in-ground vinyl pool 15x24, 54"deep, 13,350 gal. started out with pool store advice, until i found this forum which i'm very grateful for. the pool store advice was setting me up for a CYA saturation, thanks to this forum i was able stop before it got real bad. these are the results form the tf 100, pool school recommend CYA 30-50 except in extreme sunlight, what is considered extreme sunlight? how many hours of sun?

fc 9
    cc 0
    ta 120
    ca 240
    ph 7.3-7.4
    cya 65-70 would have been worse if not for this forum thank you all, i love liquid bleach wal mart 8% 3 bucks a gal.

pool is crystal clear
    hayward super pump 1hp and ec65 filter
    7000 Gal vinyl Intex 18 ft x 52" Ultra Frame™ Pool Set w/ Sand Filter Pump & SWG System, BBB
    Then we added: 3 Belgian Malinois, 2 German Shedders, 1 English Russell, plus 2 adults acting like children. (without the p)
    Future Pool: Splash (Dog) Super Pool 21' x 41.5', 27,900 Gal and 40 ft dock jumping ramp.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: tested with tf 100

Welcome to TFP. You've come to the right place.

Don't add any more stabilizer. Don't use the pucks.

Everything else looks good. CYA a tad high. With 65-70 ppm of CYA don't let your min FC level drop below 5 ppm. 5-9 5-10 ppm is your range.

How much sun do you get ? Also put your pool info in your sig. It will help us help you.

Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

3. Back To Top    #3

If you keep on top of your chlorine and never let it drop below the minimum, you will be fine. If you ever run into a problem, you can worry about your CYA then. Test daily, and always add enough chlorine to stay above min, and you will be good.
    John
    7 year old ~13,500 gal 24' AGP with 1.5 hp Proline pump, 150 sqft Pleatco cartridge, filled with well water with pH of about 4.5.
    Wanda the Whale pool vacuum, home made heater, Taylor K-2006
    Cloudy Pool? 1) Order test kit. 2) Follow SLAM
    New to TFPC? Read Pool School a few times, then post questions. PoolMath will help with chemical additions.

4. Back To Top    #4

i get full sun from 9am to 6pm
    7000 Gal vinyl Intex 18 ft x 52" Ultra Frame™ Pool Set w/ Sand Filter Pump & SWG System, BBB
    Then we added: 3 Belgian Malinois, 2 German Shedders, 1 English Russell, plus 2 adults acting like children. (without the p)
    Future Pool: Splash (Dog) Super Pool 21' x 41.5', 27,900 Gal and 40 ft dock jumping ramp.

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

i get full sun from 9am to 6pm
    About the same for my pool.

50 ppm for CYA seems about right for me. You can manage that 65-70 that you have.........I'd probably allow it to come down naturally over time, though.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School