Another Newbie

Jul 15, 2013
Hello all.
I have been surfing the site for about 3 months before I registered.
Moved into the house about the same time frame I started reading.
Previous owner was "Pool Stored" as you guys call it.
Tablets, Algicide and Phofree.
A lot of great information, thanks to all.
I have been maintaining the pool all with 8.25% or 10% and has been great.
No swimmers, I use about a gallon of 10% every 4-6 days depending on the temp., which has been between 95-110.
With swimmers depending on load is around a gallon every 2-3 days.
Swim party, dump a gallon before everyone shows up.
The pool gets full sun from about 0800 to about 0700.
CYA is high in the 90-100 range, did the test diluted by half.
PH swings some. I bring it down to 7.3 then it will climb back up some but not over 7.8.
FC I dilute the test till I get the good FAS kit I have only the DPD, and keep the color a little darker than the 5.
I have even done 2 parts tap water and 1 part pool water and then multiply by 3 and compare the numbers.
CH is in the 405 range, have a plaster pool. Not 400 but a lot of color change for the 410.
TA has been hovering in the 80-100 range. 80 more so lately since I quit adding baking soda.
Trying to get the PH to stop swinging, which seems to be helping have not had to add any acid in 2 weeks.

The Pool is VERY CLEAR. As in I can throw a quarter in the deep end and can tell if its heads or tails.
28000 gallon range
Cartridge filters
Single pump pushes some water. Have 3 returns along with a water fall and a rock water slide.
Single Skimmer
Single pool sweep

Thanks again to all. Bleach is the best. When I am gone I can leave a few gallons for the neighbor with dates and say just dump them in the pool.
He still uses a pool guy and tablets. I have tried to warn him but you know stubborn old people.