Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Whidster

1. Back To Top    #1
    Camas, WA

We are also having issues with Ph jumping up half a point in one day. I'll adjust to 7.5, then the next day it is up to 8.0. FC is also rising, and the SWG is at the minimum setting. Current numbers are: FC at 7.5, Ph at 8.0, TA at 80, CYA at 80. SWG salt reading at 2800, salt test shows 3200. It has been fairly warm, so pool wide open during the day. Pool at 82 deg. Suggestions on what to check on or do next?
    20,000 Gallon Vinyl Splash AG pool. Goldline SWG. Two sand filters w. 1.5HP Sgl Spd pumps. Lexan Aqua Shield dome. Solar heating, with propane back-up.
    Camas, WA

2. Back To Top    #2
    Twin Cities, MN

Re: Whidster

Have you had any aeration besides the swg? Has it been windy? You may need to let your TA drop a little can go as low as 60 ppm TA if needed.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.