In ground pool
All parameters are good, with TA about 80, CYA 40-60 (can't figure out the best way to test it)
PH tends to rise to a little over 7.8 and I bring it down every few weeks.
I use liquid 12.5%, about 2 128oz bottles in 4-5 days which keeps FC around 3-5.
It's been too hot lately and I forgot to add chlorine. When I checked I had about 0.5-1 and a few spots with green dust that may be algae (maybe 5 palm size spots on walls in shaded area). The green spots come off right away when brushing or even touching with your hand (dust or algae?).
I remember reading somewhere that you need to shock if your chlorine level got below the minimum according to FC\CYA chart. I tried to find that post, but the new SLAM page mentions a need to shock when chlorine level at 0 and doesn't mention minimum
I added PH down and brushed my walls. Everything looks good. Do I need to shock in this case?
CC is 0.5 or lower;
water is clear.