Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Clarifier - To use or not to use

1. Back To Top    #1

Clarifier - To use or not to use

I have close to 4 full (big) bottles of SeaKlear Natural Clarifier. I have not used it since I converted to the BBB Method. Do I have a need for Clarifier or should I get rid of it? I use to buy it when I would get phosphates and the "pool people" told me to use it when they sold me the phosphate remover. In fact, SeaKlear sold phosphate remover with a small bottle of clarifier attached.

Boy those people can really suck the money out of you! lol
    Installed Sept 2008. 18 x 36 Flatback Kidney Radiant, Vinyl liner 25,000 inground, Hayward Max-Flo 1 HP Pool Pump SP2807X10 (runs 24/7) , Hayward Pro-Series High Rate Sand Filter Model #S244T, Hayward Heat Pro, Frog chlorinator is turned off, TF-100 Test kit

Location is Toronto, Ohio, overlooking the Mighty Ohio River. My river days are done. Sold the boat and Waverunner and now prefer a pool over the river.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Clarifier - To use or not to use

I wouldn't use it for my water.

Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

If you are properly managing your pool water, you will never have a need for clarifier. It's often ineffective, anyway.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Thank you. I will be giving it to a friend, along with a case of TurboShock.
    Installed Sept 2008. 18 x 36 Flatback Kidney Radiant, Vinyl liner 25,000 inground, Hayward Max-Flo 1 HP Pool Pump SP2807X10 (runs 24/7) , Hayward Pro-Series High Rate Sand Filter Model #S244T, Hayward Heat Pro, Frog chlorinator is turned off, TF-100 Test kit

Location is Toronto, Ohio, overlooking the Mighty Ohio River. My river days are done. Sold the boat and Waverunner and now prefer a pool over the river.

5. Back To Top    #5

Maybe you should steer your friend to the forum !!

Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

You might hang on to that turbo stuff. Is it tri-chlor, di-chlor or Cal Hypo? Look on the label.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

7. Back To Top    #7

Poolife TurboShock 78% Calcium Hypochlorite Shock.

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by Mellott98
    Poolife TurboShock 78% Calcium Hypochlorite Shock.
    If you have room for the CH, there's no reason not to use the cal-hypo to chlorinate, since you've already paid for the stuff.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

9. Back To Top    #9

CH is 260.

10. Back To Top    #10

CH was a lot higher last year (360) before I started using the BBB method. It is lower now due to having to drain a foot of water from the pool for the winter.

11. Back To Top    #11

Quote Originally Posted by Mellott98
    CH was a lot higher last year (360) before I started using the BBB method. It is lower now due to having to drain a foot of water from the pool for the winter.
    Every pound of that stuff will raise CH by less than 3 in a pool the size of yours.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!