Krystal Clear Ozone & Saltwater System Questions

A saltwater system is a chlorine system. The unit turns salt into chlorine. To switch you just start adding chlorine manually instead.

It is easy to mistakenly think your unit is not working when it is fine but your chemical levels are not right. If you post a set of water test results we can probably figure out what is going on.

True, salt is being converted to chlorine by your salt generator. This leaves you with a chlorinated pool. You can subsidize or boost your chlorine level with bleach at any point. Post your test results for solutions to your problem.

I am assuming you FC 3/6 is actually TC (total chlorine) as tested by an OTO chlorine test block that is usually attached to the ph test block? If it is, then your TC is 3 ppm and unless you have been using other sources of chlorine, your swg is producing it.

How did you go about getting the cya into your pool?

How does you water look?

Take a look at this pool school article: http://www.troublefreepool.com/pool-school/water_balance_saltwater_generator In particular notice the recommended cya level of 70-80, this is important.

If you are saying you are cloudy or battleing algae then your chlorine needs to be 12 ppm with a CYA of 30 or 20 ppm of CYA of 50 ( big difference between 30-50). This is why it is important for you to have one of the recommended test kits. Once you SLAM your pool with one of these levels you can begin to treat your pool correctly.

Our water is crystal clear. We put 3 lbs of CYA in a stocking and hung from the ladder (because we haven't received our skimmer basket) on 7/15 and 1 lb on 7/19. This morning my strip still reads 30-50 but it seems to be a little lower because the color is lighter. So how much more should I add to get to the 70-80 level?

Theses are my strip readings from this morning.

FC 5/10 (SWG is running on Boost)
pH 7.8 (Added 2 qts of muriatic acid yesterday at noon. Should I add more?)
TA 120-180
CYA 30-50
CH 100

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.