Hayward Aqua Critter used in Intex pool without skimmer

Jul 19, 2013
I have an intex 18x9x52 with a sand filter, no skimmer. Just has the hose that pulls in the water to go thru the filter and the hose that returns the clean water. Bought an Aqua Critter pool vacuum. How do i hook this thing up to the filter to get it to vacuum? newbie to this board but have been using Intex easy-set pools for four years and i understand we have to rig things up sometimes-- just want to make sure I am not missing something before i start getting creative. thanks!

These cleaners connect to the suction side of the pump. I use the hose and the adapter cone that come with the critter to connect to my Hayward skimmer. Yo may need to adapt some other way. The cleaner will only clean the flat portions of the pool. I have not heard of people using this clean in an Intex so i don't know how it will deal with the curved walls. That doesn't mean it wont work, it simply means I have not read about it.

This is an old post but I'm going to ask also. I have an Intex pool with the skimmer it came with, attached to the side. I do not know how to connect the Hayward critter and am getting frustrated! Can't seem to figure out where it attaches

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.