Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward Aqua Critter used in Intex pool without skimmer

1. Back To Top    #1

Hayward Aqua Critter used in Intex pool without skimmer

I have an intex 18x9x52 with a sand filter, no skimmer. Just has the hose that pulls in the water to go thru the filter and the hose that returns the clean water. Bought an Aqua Critter pool vacuum. How do i hook this thing up to the filter to get it to vacuum? newbie to this board but have been using Intex easy-set pools for four years and i understand we have to rig things up sometimes-- just want to make sure I am not missing something before i start getting creative. thanks!
    Angie Dallas, TX
    Intex 18x9x52 4500 gal AG.
    Intex Sand filter SF10110 1200 gph
    Set up June 2013

2. Back To Top    #2
    Antelope, CA

Re: Hayward Aqua Critter used in Intex pool without skimmer

These cleaners connect to the suction side of the pump. I use the hose and the adapter cone that come with the critter to connect to my Hayward skimmer. Yo may need to adapt some other way. The cleaner will only clean the flat portions of the pool. I have not heard of people using this clean in an Intex so i don't know how it will deal with the curved walls. That doesn't mean it wont work, it simply means I have not read about it.
    -- Guy --
    10K gallons in 21' Round 52 inch wall Aqualeader AG, Hayward Power Flow LX 1.5 HP pump motor, Hayward Perflex EC50AC DE filter w/Cellulose, Wide mouth skimmer, 2013 new Diver Dan (craigslist) to replace the faded old Hayward AquaBug. TF-100