Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Sloped install, ideas for ground cover/pool surround?

1. Back To Top    #1

Sloped install, ideas for ground cover/pool surround?

Hi everyone!
    This site has been so helpful already and we just had our pool installed today! I am hopefully posting pictures correctly. It's been a wild ride so far since we are pretty clueless about this process. We had to dig out a pretty big slope to put the pool where we wanted it. (Good thing, because it's HUGE!)

I need to find something to put down around the perimeter of the pool. We have some leftover sand that we will put down and were thinking about some type of stone to cover 1-2 around the pool. But we have a nice slope on one side and a heftier one on the other that i need to deal with. I do not want a retaining wall, hence the big dig...

I would love any advice the forum has for us. Kids are super excited - but we are only at 2" deep
    Attached Images Attached Images
    As of today, 24', 54" Sharkline Venture!
    Desperately waiting on my Pentair 2HP pump and 200 sq ft cartridge filter system

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Sloped install, ideas for ground cover/pool surround?

I'd sure get something on there temporary at least in case of a big deluge of rain. Don't ask me how I know this! I suggest cedar mulch-----cheap enough.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

haha. true that. we will be running out tomorrow for sure to grab some hay or mulch or something. of course our timing: thunderstorms tomorrow and the heat wave is over, now that the pool is in!
    As of today, 24', 54" Sharkline Venture!
    Desperately waiting on my Pentair 2HP pump and 200 sq ft cartridge filter system

4. Back To Top    #4

How about just bury the one side.
    24' AGP sandstone,12,000 gal , cricupool rj30 SWG,fas-dpd test kit. BBB