Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Saying thanks

1. Back To Top    #1

Saying thanks

Folks, I am going to keep it short and just say thank you. My wife and I become home owners, and pool owners, in mid-April. We were so incredibly excited especially for the pool but shortly after moving in our pool started to turn green. I could make the story long explaining all that occurred over the next couple of weeks but suffice it to say I finally became so frustrated that I decided to essentially fire everyone and do it myself.

I discovered Trouble Free Pool that same day and read through pool school a few times and then started ordering what was recommended... starting with a good test kit. At first I was hesitant as my results were so different from the pool store, but I came to learn that my results were far more accurate.

I am now in complete control of my pool and my equipment. That glistening body of water in the backyard is thanks to those of you who regularly contribute.

I still have many questions and much to learn but I just wanted to pass along my thanks. It was a lot of work at first, but now my daily routine of testing and addressing issues has me owning a pool instead of pool companies, pool stores, etc owning me.

Cheers!
    Approx 18,000gal outdoor pool (in-ground vinyl liner) with two large oak trees in the back yard which shade the pool late in the day (and make the pool a mess in the spring).

Equipment:
    Pentair Intellliflo VS+SVRS, Pentair IC40, Pentair CCP 320 (Cartridge Filter), Polaris 9400sport (pool cleaning robot), Testing kit: Taylor K-2006

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Saying thanks

Welcome to TFP!!!

And congratulations on taking control ... and likely saving yourself a good bit of coin in the process
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Good work! And kudos for converting to BBB and taking control without a single post . We don't see/hear of that very often, and that's impressive.
    33' round, 23,000 gal AG vinyl , 1HP 2spd PowerFlo Matrix downsized with 3/4HP impeller (X2), Hayward S180T 150# sand filter (X2), Hayward H250 NG heater Pool Store year 1 - $850 for 2 months; Pool Store year 2 - $440 for 2 months, TFPC year 1 - $170 for 4 months; TFPC year 2 - $95 for 4.5 months
    The most important article on this site - The ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

4. Back To Top    #4

You know,
    John
    7 year old ~13,500 gal 24' AGP with 1.5 hp Proline pump, 150 sqft Pleatco cartridge, filled with well water with pH of about 4.5.
    Wanda the Whale pool vacuum, home made heater, Taylor K-2006
    Cloudy Pool? 1) Order test kit. 2) Follow SLAM
    New to TFPC? Read Pool School a few times, then post questions. PoolMath will help with chemical additions.

5. Back To Top    #5

Congrats on your new found knowledge. One less person going to the pool store for chem's and testing.

Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

6. Back To Top    #6

I suppose you are right JohnN so here you go...

[attachment=0:1op2su9h]photo.JPG[/attachment:1op2su9h]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Approx 18,000gal outdoor pool (in-ground vinyl liner) with two large oak trees in the back yard which shade the pool late in the day (and make the pool a mess in the spring).

Equipment:
    Pentair Intellliflo VS+SVRS, Pentair IC40, Pentair CCP 320 (Cartridge Filter), Polaris 9400sport (pool cleaning robot), Testing kit: Taylor K-2006

7. Back To Top    #7

Very nice.

Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

8. Back To Top    #8

Wow! That's a pretty picture.
    20K gal. IG. vinyl. 21" Hayward sand. 3/4 hp

9. Back To Top    #9

Nice pool. Interesting shape. Keep up the good work, and you'll be enjoying it for years to come.
    John
    7 year old ~13,500 gal 24' AGP with 1.5 hp Proline pump, 150 sqft Pleatco cartridge, filled with well water with pH of about 4.5.
    Wanda the Whale pool vacuum, home made heater, Taylor K-2006
    Cloudy Pool? 1) Order test kit. 2) Follow SLAM
    New to TFPC? Read Pool School a few times, then post questions. PoolMath will help with chemical additions.

10. Back To Top    #10

What a great first post!

Beautiful pool and congrats
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

11. Back To Top    #11

Beautiful!!! That is one sparkly pool! Congratulations on a job well done.
    Gunite/Plaster pool at 13k gallons. All Jandy with CL340 series cartridge filter, 1.5 HP Jandy Stealth pump. Jandy 1400 SWCG and PDA4 controller. Dual waterfalls. Polaris 280. Pool installed August 2012. Southern Louisiana. And lets not forget my trusty TF100 test kit!