Is "Bright and Soft" ok to use as salt ?

Well, the Bright and Soft has a higher salt content (99.8%) than the solar salt (99.6%), but I would be wary of what "Advanced Performance formula—for softener efficiency" means.

Their Iron Fighter pellets are 99.6% as well, but that DEFINITELY has stuff in it you do not want ... personally I would stick with the Solar Naturals.

First stop was a pool store that tried to sell me bags of their "salt" with a bunch of cya in it (no thanks), claiming I couldn't handle the PH change using just regular salt. Hold your breath when I tell you what they wanted for their special salt--$250 for about 120 pounds of salt. hahahahaaa.

vanessadickson said:
First stop was a pool store that tried to sell me bags of their "salt" with a bunch of cya in it (no thanks), claiming I couldn't handle the PH change using just regular salt. Hold your breath when I tell you what they wanted for their special salt--$250 for about 120 pounds of salt. hahahahaaa.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

250.00??????? :hammer: :gone: C YA!!!

EDIT: ph CHANGE??? :crazy:

I get mine from Lowes ... Morton brand solar salt $4.78 / 40 lbs. They also have the pool salt (same as solar just ground up more) for $5.87. Usually I have see the regular pool salt at pool stores for around $7-8 / 40 lbs.

I just can not even guess how they can try to justify paying over 10x as much for a little CYA mixed in.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.