Above Ground Pool - going in next week -Buying a Solar Cover

Jul 19, 2013
Hi folks - New to the forum and appreciate this forum and your expertise.

My first question is - I would like to buy a solar cover so that I can get the water warm as quickly as possible after my install next week.

Can some members point me in the right direction for a good quality cover and any tips?

So far my pool will be 24' diameter round without a deck (deck - maybe next year)

Re: Above Ground Pool - going in next week -Buying a Solar C

Buy the cheapest one you can find. There is no such thing as a quality solar cover, they all break down within a few years. I speak from experience. The current cover I have was a higher end cover, and it is already full of holes on only its 2nd or 3rd year.

ok,...will do. do you use a reel or do you take it on and off by yourself? I have no deck around this so I am trying to figure out how to remove it and store it when not in use and keep in clean.

I use a clear cover. If there's alot of sun and air temp is pretty warm leave it off. The sun beating on the water will warm it more. Their best used at night to keep the water temp up so you dont lose heat to evaporation. I have saddles to put the cover in. They work pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

I think a clear works better when it's on for getting the temp up a bit. The sun can penetrate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

JohnN said:
Buy the cheapest one you can find. There is no such thing as a quality solar cover, they all break down within a few years. I speak from experience. The current cover I have was a higher end cover, and it is already full of holes on only its 2nd or 3rd year.

I agree on 3 one in 9 years. I bought the blue one as it is half the price. Look at amazon and at Walmart sales going on also InTheSwim

http://www.intheswim.com/Pool-Covers/

Here is actually a better price for solar....... http://www.poolpartsonline.com/p-84182- ... 8-mil.aspx

I found it as I am looking for a winter cover. Intex is terrible and blew off last year so on to a better one and new one. I have not used this company before so anyone who has might speak to there reputation.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.