Terrible Warranty on new Hayward Filters

oldman

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 6, 2011
Boothwyn, PA
I purchased a Hayward model ec40c92 series filter brand new in June of this year. I installed it and it ran great for two weeks and then I started hearing a noise inside the filter like a loose nut or screw turning around in the filter. I called up the place where I had bought the filter and they came out and found out that the check valve had broken off and had to replace the check valve. Well a week later I get a bill from the place that fixed the filter telling me that the part was covered but not the labor. So I called up Hayward Pool Products and sure enough they DO NOT cover labor charges.

Just thought everybody should know this if they consider on buying a Hayward anything (except I forget which heater it was) that they do not cover labor costs. I never heard of such a warranty as this that they do not cover labor charges after so many days. It will be the last time I buy a Hayward Product, until they change this policy. :grrrr:

It really took me by surprise! First time I have ever had to pay labor charges on a warranty, especially after only two weeks. Just gonna eat the extra money.
I hope other people who may have not known that about Hayward, will be careful!

I may be over-generalizing, but in my experience it seems stuff I can send in usually parts and labor are covered and I have to pay shipping. And for stuff that requires onsite work, warranties only cover parts.

But if you bought it locally seems like a reputable dealer should just take care of a minor item like that.

Regards
Michael

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.