My Hand drawn Plan

Well, it is of great interest to me. I've been rough sketching a bunch of shapes and layouts in the area we want and I think we have decided on orientation now. We want a dive pool, 18X36 free form, 3'6"-9' deep. Deciding on a shape is really tough and I have sensory overload looking at pool pics for the moment. I just don't want anything square or plain kidney shaped...you know, something a little different. I don't have a sketch worthy to post, but I may do this too. I like yours and think its a great shape. Your lights are in a good spot, and I love the waterfall, bench, and rocks. If I may suggest, you might like the look of the rocks below the waterline. This is a feature that I am really starting to desire badly. I just don't know if our budget will allow a water feature, but if we get one, I want some rock below waterline. If not, I still may try to aquire this feature in some way.

I haven't drawn out any plumbing yet, but that's interesting too. Are you going to build this pool yourself? I have thought about being my own GC, but it's a scary thought. If this wasn't my first pool, I might try to pull that off. My mind is buzzing with everything about the pool right now and it is all consuming. Look forward to hearing more from you, and maybe this will inspire me to lay something out here to share as well. I need to get some current photos of my yard where we want it, and spiff up a sketch or two. Speaking of which, I need to get off my rear and go mow it. :lol:

Oh yes, I remember this pool well now, and the ice box, pond, and the fence. I also remember you saying your wife went through wire brushes at a fast pace. Sorry I didn't remember your name. I've thought about the self GC, but there aren't a lot of contractors here, and the pool business is booming. Plus, I am honestly very leary of not getting everything done right. However, the savings potential is very enticing. Do I remember correctly that you exposed the finish above the waterline? If so, how is that holding up?

I was lucky one good plumbing contractor , turned me on to all the others . Most of them were related and work for the local PB. I paid cash at the end of each day .. there are a few issue's but very pleased when i see these quoted numbers ..... this pool was quoted at 34-36k by 2 PB

That's something, I guarantee you that is a 60-65K bare minimum pool if it was quoted around here. They want 50-60 for an 36X18 dive pool with NO frills. Certainly with no waterfalls, or anything else.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.