Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Newbie

1. Back To Top    #1

Merged topics. Butterfly

Puffer35 ready to purchase an inground pool? Got plenty of quotes with different types of materials so I'm trying to learn from experienced pool owners.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Newbie

Welcome to tfp, puffer35

Post some details of your quotes and folks on here can comment.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

3. Back To Top    #3

Cinder block pool w/ fiberglass coating?

Got several quotes from different PB and I narrowed it down to In ground 16x32Vinyl pool with sand filter and salt or a Cinder block pool sealed with fiber glass.
    The cinderblock pool is a 16x32 inground with poured concrete base with cinderblock walls, sealed with fiberglass coating. It is then finished with 4 ft of concrete decking with maybe 1ft of flagstone rocks for aesthetics. The build comes with a sand filter and is chlorine. I have read about cinderblock pools but never with Fiberglass sealed?! The kicker is they can finish the entire project ready to swim in 7-10 days!

Here are my concerns:
    -I know cinderblock pools should be cheaper is 35k paying too much?Vinyl liner pool would cost me 28k.
    -I don't know what the repair vs replace on the hybrid pool? Is it concrete or Fiberglass?
    -I really like the saltwater system. Will the hybrid pool be ok since it's fiberglass sealed?
    -which pool would be the least hassle free?

Any advise would be helpful.Thx!

4. Back To Top    #4

Re: Newbie

...and before anyone chimes in, buy a tF100 test kit after you contract for the pool. If you are going to spend $yy,xxx thousand on a pool, spending $68 on the best test kit is a drop in the bucket and will pay for its self before you swim for the first time.
    -- Guy --
    10K gallons in 21' Round 52 inch wall Aqualeader AG, Hayward Power Flow LX 1.5 HP pump motor, Hayward Perflex EC50AC DE filter w/Cellulose, Wide mouth skimmer, 2013 new Diver Dan (craigslist) to replace the faded old Hayward AquaBug. TF-100

5. Back To Top    #5

Re: Cinder block pool w/ fiberglass coating?

Is this the same pool mentioned in your other thread?
    -- Guy --
    10K gallons in 21' Round 52 inch wall Aqualeader AG, Hayward Power Flow LX 1.5 HP pump motor, Hayward Perflex EC50AC DE filter w/Cellulose, Wide mouth skimmer, 2013 new Diver Dan (craigslist) to replace the faded old Hayward AquaBug. TF-100

6. Back To Top    #6

I thought the other haywired and didn't let me post

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by techguy
    Is this the same pool mentioned in your other thread?
    Yes it is. I'm new to forums and chats so I probably posted in wrong area.