Couple Intex Questions

dag623

Jul 19, 2013
Hi All,

New to the site, but have been checking out posts and have found a lot of good info so far.

We just bought an Intex 22'x52" Ultra Frame the other day, and are in the process of prepping the ground for install. I noticed that our pool does not have the retaining rope around the bottom of the liner, which the instructions say is "optional". Is this going to cause any issues for me?

Also, I am more than likely going to lay some extruded polystyrene over the stone dust we are in the process of putting down, but it seems my local Lowe's only has 1/2" available. Will this be thick enough?

My old Blue intex had no rope and it didnt seem to make much of a difference.

Personally I like having the rope, I just see it s a bit more support.
That being said, I wouldn't rush out and buy rope if it didn't come with it. If you see the legs are starting to kick out just pickup some rope at a hardware store. I think its 1/2 inch.

You could get away with half inch poly, If your using pavers under the legs bury them flush and level with the poly. Most of the poly builds Ive seen here use poly and pavers of the same thickness. Im not sure if you could get away with 1/2 inch pavers on the 22.

While you're waiting for your pool to be installed and filled, buy a good test kit. I ordered the TF-100 from links on this website. It will quickly pay for itself by avoiding expensive trips to the pool store to buy chemicals you don't need. Read Pool School also on this website and follow the BBB method. All you need on a daily basis is bleach. It is readily available and cheap. Enjoy your new pool!

Dag623, remember just because you have the saltwater system doesn't mean you won't need Clorox....I used maybe a cup of bleach after each big day of pool splashing around to keep the levels as needed.

A rope is fine if you want one, I went with 1 inch cargo strap stuff (I had to use around 4 to get around my small one).

Have fun with that big pool!!

Bob E.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.