Please recommend a vacuum for 15' intex pool

Jun 25, 2013
I have been searching amazon for a pool vac that we can use with our Intex pool 15' diameter 48" deep. We borrowed our friend's intex pool vac that hooked up to the hose and has a small bag attached but it didn't seem heavy duty enough and most of the "stuff" didn't get caught in the bag. What vacuum do you use?

For smaller intex pools that run with the original style pump and filter it is usually best to get a stand alone type of vacuum, such as an aqua broom. If you search for an aqua broom in google it will pull up several small pool vacuums that you could look at.

I bought 18' of 1 1/2" hose and use my pump/filter to vacuum my 15' pool just like a big pool. One end I plug into the filter inlet on the side of the pool after unscrewing the strainer grid. I use the Intex venturi vacuum head and I plug the other end of the hose into it. It is a very cheap solution that works well for me.

I highly recommend the Pool Blaster Max / Max HD. Ie. Other Max variants, there have been many.
It's really great and totally independent of your pump. It'll do a better job than your typical above ground pump and filter ever could, not to mention it's not too expensive and seems to last quite a long time if properly cared for.

Search the forum for 1st hand accounts of its use and reviews. Quite a few users of it here.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.