Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Thank you for this site

1. Back To Top    #1

Thank you for this site

I've been lurking around here for a few days now and have learned so much about how to easily take care of my pool. Last year we had a 15 foot easy-set and it was a constant battle to keep it clean and somewhat clear. It started off that way this year too until I found this site and the wealth of information. Now I enjoy going out to work on my pool (along with swimming in it) but also know that I could get away with 15 min a day and it would still be fine. Thank you again for everybody answering other peoples questions so I didn't even have to ask anything, just had to do some reading and learning to get to where I'm at. I'm finally ready to show off my pool.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    16x48 Intex Ultra Frame, stock 1500gph pump with slime bag and Intex 2500gph pump for Hayward skimmer, K-2006 w/SpeedStir, solar cover and wood heater

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Thank you for this site

Welcome to the forum.

Stop fooling around with your trick photography and put some water in that pool!

VERY nice work
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

If you build it they will swim. Very peaceful looking.
    27' above ground pool, cartridge filter, 2 speed 2HP Pump.

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome to TFP!!!

Water looks great, but is it just me or are you at least 2" out of level ... those Intex squares give it away
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

It is about 2 in. out. I'm not real happy about that but it still seems very sturdy at this point so I think I'm going to leave it. My plan is to see if it'll make it through the winter and use it next summer too. Then I would like to dig out with the tractor to get a good level area and go up to a 22 to 26 foot pool. Right now it is in a gravel turn around in the back of my house that I used sand to fill in a level a little bit. Now I realize that is not really the right way to do it but unless it starts to feel remotely unsafe I'm going to go with this plan and leave it be
    16x48 Intex Ultra Frame, stock 1500gph pump with slime bag and Intex 2500gph pump for Hayward skimmer, K-2006 w/SpeedStir, solar cover and wood heater

6. Back To Top    #6

2 inches is a good bit. Safety is most important.

Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.