Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: SLAM??

1. Back To Top    #1

I haven't been on the forums all that long but this SLAM thing looks new to me. Is it or have I just not read the posts mentioning it??

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 using Tapatalk
    16 x 32 In-Ground vinyl, 21,000 Gallons, Hayward Cartridge Filter, Hayward Tiger Shark robotic cleaner, Taylor K-2006 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2
    Eastern Ohio

Re: SLAM??

It's a term that was voted on by the forum to use rather than the old "shock". Often new members would confuse the term "shock" as a product, rather than an action as we teach on the forum.

3. Back To Top    #3
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

It's a new acronym. It was too confusing to use the phrase "Shock" or "Shock process" because there are a multitude of products called "shock" out there and the pool stores preach a weekly shock which is nothing like the definition we use here.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

4. Back To Top    #4
    Elverson Pa.

Shock level and maintain. It's an acronym. For the shock process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.