Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What are the best times of day to run your filter/SWG?

1. Back To Top    #1

What are the best times of day to run your filter/SWG?

I was wondering what is the best times of the day to run your SWG and filter? After reading several posts regarding the burn rate of chlorine due to the sun. Would it be better to run the SWG during evening/nights hours? Would this allow the chlorine to be most effective since it won't be burning out as the system is producing it?
    Massachusetts - 30,000 Gallons, Inground, Gunite, Hayward Salt Water Generator, T-15 Cell, Hayward C3030 Cartridge Filter.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: What are the best times of day to run your filter/SWG?

On the flip side of what you just said, if you are not running in the day, the FC may get too low.

There really is no best time ... running a little in the day and a little at night might help capture more off the surface before it sinks.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

bump
    Massachusetts - 30,000 Gallons, Inground, Gunite, Hayward Salt Water Generator, T-15 Cell, Hayward C3030 Cartridge Filter.

4. Back To Top    #4

I dose manually at night and I've started leaving my pump off during the day under the impression that the warmer water will remain on the top instead of mixing in and some heat will be lost. I don't think it really makes much difference though.

Running an SWG overnight would allow chlorine to accumulate for the following day. But, you can't argue with spreading it out over 2 sessions (which gives more consistency).
    Aaron
    [ Vogue Vectra 24' AG | Hard plumb: Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 1HP 2-speed, 27" sand filter & Pentair MiniMax 100 NG | Taylor K-2006 | Central IL ]