Ok, tired of the stupid skimmer that comes with the intex pools. I ordered a through the wall skimmer from Amazon (Hayward SP1091LX). I have a couple questions before I attempt the install, I've read through multiple threads on the subject but still have some concerns....
1) The gasket appears to be a one piece "butterfly" gasket. Can I just cut it and use half on the inside and the other half on the outside? Any way to buy individual gaskets for the inside and outside?
2) How high up on the liner can I safely go? Does the height affect the max water level much?
3) What's the easiest way to puncture the side wall for inserting screws while not damaging the liner/wall?
4) I've read the easiest method is to install the skimmer and THEN cut the liner/side wall opening to the skimmer opening. Is this the best plan?
5) Anything I should be concerned with / be careful when doing so that I don't destroy my pool?
6) After install, I'll no longer need the original suction hole. Other than just leaving the valve attached and pulled shut, is there a way to "plug" or cap this hole off?
Thanks in advance!!!