Qn on backwash valve

tsoheq

Apr 9, 2009
Hi,

I have a Triton FP Plus 48 DE Filter. The handle of the backwash valve, which is more than 13 years old, broke recently and I started looking online to see what can replace it, but didn't see anything resembling what I currently have (black thingy, only have filter and backwash positions).

I suppose a 2" multi-port valve is the way to go? What is the right replacement valve? What is the model number?

Also, my setup is that the filter is on the right, and the pipes go leftwards to the return. The current setup has the backwash outlet of the valve pointing inside and had to have a U-shaped detour so that it comes out. When I replace it, I would like to have as little detours as possible. Do these valves come in left or right version?

Thanks for any suggestions.

It doesn't look like the push-pull one. Here's a picture of the valve (the handle broke off). Also, notice how the waste output faces inside so that it needed a detour to bring it out.[attachment=0:6wcc0byt]valve1.jpg[/attachment:6wcc0byt]

Thanks.

Attachments

• valve1.jpg
    valve1.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 50
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.