Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Least expensive option to add iPhone app to control pool?

1. Back To Top    #1

In the Industry

Least expensive option to add iPhone app to control pool?

Hey guys, stock pool, 20x40, looking to convert to IntelliChlor. The pool has two pumps, no actuators, a heater and will now have the IntelliChlor. What is the most efficient product to have the pool run through the WiFi iPhone app? Do I still need the IntelliChlor control box or will the new panel substitute this?
    Inground Concrete Pool With Fiberglass Walls (20,000 Gallons), Hayward .75 Super Pump, Hayward S200 Sand Filter, Pentair IntelliChlor IC40

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Least expensive option to add iPhone app to control pool

It doesn't sound like you have a automation control system. You would need to get a control system such as an Easytouch to allow you to have the option for the iPhone to control things and view items such as your pools temperature, salt levels, etc.
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

3. Back To Top    #3

Have you already purchased the Intellichlor? If not, you can get an Easytouch bundled with an IC40 for a little more than the Intellichlor alone. Unfortunately, unless you want to "roll your own" with a Raspberry Pi or microcontroller, you will need an automation system to link to your iPhone. And linking to an iPhone will require an additional product like Pentair's ScreenLogic system or Autelis unit.
    38K in ground pool with attached spa. Current equipment: Easytouch 8 (521150) with IC-60 SWCG with web control by Autelis, 1x Pentair IntelliFlo 011018 pump (for filter), 1x Pentair 2HP WhisperFlo pump (for waterfall), 2X Pentair IntelliBrite 5G 12V lights, Pentair MiniMax400 NG Heater, Pentair SMBW2060 DE filter. Zodiac Barracuda MX8 cleaner on dedicated cleaner line. Lighting/home automation controlled by Insteon/ISY-99i.

4. Back To Top    #4

Take a look at the Jandy/Zodiac IQ904-P kit. About $600 from online vendors. Check out my signature for my setup that shows the control panel that comes with the kit.
    Premier (Esther Williams) 24' x 52" Round AGP (13,500 gl.), Hayward 24" Pro-Series S244T Sand Filter, 1.5 HP Hayward Super Pump, AquaRite SWG, AquaComfort ACT-1100 Heat Pump, Jandy/Zodiac iAqualink Automation System with iPhone App, Aquabot Pool Rover S2-40
    My New Pool