Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Craigslist-New Quest 27'

1. Back To Top    #1

Craigslist-New Quest 27'

I found a new in box 27' Quest by WilBar on craigslist with accessories (below)for $2000. Is this as fantastic deal as I am initially thinking or could I get this deal late fall winter? My hubby is wanting a pool but wanting to spend more around $1000. I want as large as we can get and as nice as we can without going overboard so that it lasts us. Should I have any concerns? Am I correct and thinking this is a much better pool brand new than what we may find used for $1000?

Robot
    2HP single speed hayward pump
    250lb Hayward Sand filter
    solar cover
    steps with light and pad
    Autofeeder
    Widemouth skimmer
    27' x 54" AG Morada RTR/19,300 gal/ 1hp-2spd Hayward Power-Flo Matrix/Hayward 256T sand filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Craigslist-New Quest 27'

YES!

This is a great deal. You will not be disappointed in spending the extra money. You KNOW it will not have stripped fittings or broken rails this way. The steps and filter and pad are worth almost $1000 on their own. I think this is an all resin pool (steel wall)
    -- Guy --
    10K gallons in 21' Round 52 inch wall Aqualeader AG, Hayward Power Flow LX 1.5 HP pump motor, Hayward Perflex EC50AC DE filter w/Cellulose, Wide mouth skimmer, 2013 new Diver Dan (craigslist) to replace the faded old Hayward AquaBug. TF-100

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks. I went for it. Picking it up Saturday morning. Now to continue the research on DIY installs and correct pump filter sizes for this size of pool. I'm a little worried about having a single speed pump and not a large enough sand filter. I'll have to wait for specifics of model numbers when we pick it up but I know the basics.
    27' x 54" AG Morada RTR/19,300 gal/ 1hp-2spd Hayward Power-Flo Matrix/Hayward 256T sand filter

4. Back To Top    #4

I would consider going with a 2 speed pump. You'll save on electric.

I'm pretty sure the quest has steel uprights. It's basically the same pool I have only a little bigger. I'm very pleased with mine.

Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks pwrstrk! I think I will investigate just selling the new pump that came with it and trying to find a 2 speed pump maybe less HP for the same $$.