Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Spa heater question

1. Back To Top    #1

Spa heater question

We have a Jandy Aqualink and recently when using the spa, it heats to a desirable 102-104 degrees and then the heater shuts off and won't restart. It works fine heating it up again the next day but won't maintain the heat. Is this likely a problem with Aqualink or the heater or ?

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Spa heater question

What heater is it that you have?

When you say it won't restart, do you know that the water temps is lower than the set point on the control system? The heater will only turn back on when the water temperature has cooled down to a degree below the set point.
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

3. Back To Top    #3

It's a Hayward heater. The house is currently/newly being rented, so I'm going by what the renter says. He said the temp got up to about 102-104 and then shut off and never came back on. The temp dropped to an uncomfortable (his words) 92-94 but the heater never came back on. He used it again the next night and the same thing happened. We had disconnected the spa side switch after having to replace it 2x due to it shorting out. The pool and equipment is about 12 yrs old.

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Silly question but was the pump still running when the heater wouldn't restart? One other thing I would suggest, unless your rental is way far away, I'd go over there and check it out personally.
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

5. Back To Top    #5

Good question about the pump still running. I didn't think to ask. The house is only a few miles away, so we'll definitely go check.