Intex 18x48 Easy Set Pool

Jul 18, 2013
I have just set up an Intex 18x48 Easy Set Pool. I had water delivered and it is now leaning. I understand that the ground has to be level but my yard is flat. I went to see if the maybe the rim needs more air and it did...because I paid for the water delivery emptying the pool is not an option. Is there a way to rectify this without draining? HELP!!!!

I haven't had an easy set for a long time, but maybe you will just lose some depth and not really have a structural issue. Hopefully someone will chime in with more wisdom on that style pool. If you do need to fix it i think you would need to drain. In that event, buy one of the many used pools on craigslist and set it up and pup your water into it. After fixing the issue, pump it back into your pool and re-sell the craigslist one. Good luck.

When I had my small 12'X30" ring pool, it was on unlevel ground maybe about 2 inches. The ring is basically self leveling with the the low side sidwall bulging out more iirc. Problem was, when I filled it up pretty high and then if we had a cold night, I would wake up and something like half my water work be gone. I experimented with this and surmised that as the air in the ring cooled it contracted and the ring had less buoyancy and a smaller diameter so the already high water was able to crest over my low side...and if you have ever seen this happen on a ring pool once it starts it doesn't stop for awhile.

I would think keeping the water level lower would work (and worked for me). I definitely wouldn't want the low side facing something that shouldn't see a large amount of water coming at it quickly (like a basement window).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.