PVC towel racks

jcp

Aug 14, 2012
Mid Missouri
Couple pics of some PVC towel racks I just got done making. My wife was perfectly fine with the idea of the deck rails as a towel rack, but I prefer these.

The larger one is made from 1-1/4" PVC. The approximate over all dimensions are; 36" tall, 5' wide, 18" deep.

The smaller one is 1" PVC. 36" tall, 4' wide, 18" deep.

Filled the bottom section on both with sand. Not sure how necessary that was, but I had the sand and it seemed like a good idea to weigh them down a bit.

[attachment=1:3kmaj38q]towel rack 1.JPG[/attachment:3kmaj38q]

[attachment=0:3kmaj38q]towel rack 2.JPG[/attachment:3kmaj38q]

Great....now I have another project to add to the to-do list....Good idea and nice work! I wonder if I could use some spray paint for plastic to help them blend in a bit better with my fencing (stained wood). Anyone have success painting PVC?

Best,

Sciz

My wife saw this one online for $230 so I decided to buy the furniture grade PVC and build my own, saved over $100!!!

IMG_2786.JPG

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
duraleigh said:
Great thread!

PVC - the Tinkertoy for those of use that refuse to get old. :mrgreen:

LOL.....Whos got two thumbs and refuses to get old.....this guy right here! :mrgreen:

I was actualy gathering up some scraps and going through my fitting bucket to make a PVC pool noodle stand today. I guess I'll have to save some for this project as well. :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.