Jul 18, 2013
Northern Virginia
Welcome to the forum. :lol: Please do not hijack an existing thread....I have started you a knew one

I'm new to TFP and BBB, and I'm so thankful to have found this site!

I have been in the SLAM process for 8 straight days. I started with a deep green pool. For the last three days the water is blue but cloudy. I can see the three steps but not the floor filters. Using Pool Calculator and Taylor K-2006. Passed the overnight test last night, but I'm afraid to drop the shock level and lose any progress I've made. Do you think the skimmer socks will do the trick? How about the blue clarifying stuff? We want to SWIM!!!

Running the sand filter 24/7
Backwashing every other day despite good pressure levels
25,000 gal
FC 28
PH 7.4
TA 80
CH 260
CYA 70
Water Temp 84
Chlorine Source is 8.25% Clorox

Keep the slam going one more day and do another OCLT just to be sure. Let the pressure in the filter rise about 10% before backwashing. Sand filters work better when they are a little dirty. Once you pass the second OCLT you may want to add enough DE to your filter to raise the pressure 1pt. The DE will help clear the debris a little quicker. Replace the DE after backwashing. Your CYA is a little high for a non-SWG pool, but not unmanagable. Just be sure you stay in the correct FC range for your pool once the slam is finished.

The fine debris may not catch in the skimmer sock but you can give it a try. I wouldn't bother with the clarifyer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.