Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Stacy1

1. Back To Top    #1

Stacy1

Welcome to the forum. Please do not hijack an existing thread....I have started you a knew one

I'm new to TFP and BBB, and I'm so thankful to have found this site!

I have been in the SLAM process for 8 straight days. I started with a deep green pool. For the last three days the water is blue but cloudy. I can see the three steps but not the floor filters. Using Pool Calculator and Taylor K-2006. Passed the overnight test last night, but I'm afraid to drop the shock level and lose any progress I've made. Do you think the skimmer socks will do the trick? How about the blue clarifying stuff? We want to SWIM!!!

Running the sand filter 24/7
    Backwashing every other day despite good pressure levels
    25,000 gal
    FC 28
    PH 7.4
    TA 80
    CH 260
    CYA 70
    Water Temp 84
    Chlorine Source is 8.25% Clorox
    Northern Virginia, 1960-ish Anthony & Sylvan inground, 25,000 gal, plaster with some peeling paint, Hayward S-244S High Rate Sand Filter, brand new Hayward mulit-flo pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Stacy1

Ooops. Sorry about the hijacking. Grace for newbies, right?

Also wanted to add that the overnight test showed a .5 CC
    Northern Virginia, 1960-ish Anthony & Sylvan inground, 25,000 gal, plaster with some peeling paint, Hayward S-244S High Rate Sand Filter, brand new Hayward mulit-flo pump

3. Back To Top    #3

Before you start pouring strange potions in the pool, you might want to try adding a little DE to the filter, as mentioned in the article on how to SLAM. You won't need much, so see if a neighbor has a DE filter and maybe you can beg a little.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

4. Back To Top    #4

Keep the slam going one more day and do another OCLT just to be sure. Let the pressure in the filter rise about 10% before backwashing. Sand filters work better when they are a little dirty. Once you pass the second OCLT you may want to add enough DE to your filter to raise the pressure 1pt. The DE will help clear the debris a little quicker. Replace the DE after backwashing. Your CYA is a little high for a non-SWG pool, but not unmanagable. Just be sure you stay in the correct FC range for your pool once the slam is finished.

The fine debris may not catch in the skimmer sock but you can give it a try. I wouldn't bother with the clarifyer.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!