Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex pool leaking

1. Back To Top    #1

Intex pool leaking

First year with my 18' Intex Ultra Frame. All has been great, but today, came home to a leak, which seems to be on a seam near the bottom. I patched it from the inside where I think the leak is, with hopes that it actually worked. We'll see. Question is, how long is the warranty from Intex? Will they honor this? And how do I prove it to them? I got it at Walmart last year but didn't put it up until this year. I ordered it on July 22nd of last year, so I'm just under a year. Any suggestions on what to say when I call them?
    Intex Ultra Frame 18'x48"
    Intex 14-Inch Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump
    Intex Intex Krystal Clear Salt System (not yet installed)

2. Back To Top    #2

SW Ohio

Re: Intex pool leaking

Better call them now and have your receipt ready........Mike
    18x52 intex ultra frame pool 6981 gallons, 1 HP LL pump with 19 in sand filter,BBB method,borax 50ppm
    leslies DPD test kit + fas-dpd chlorine test kit + borates test strips
    thru wall skimmer,hard plumbed with 2 returns 1 1/2 sch 40 pvc
    1 large fountain 1 inch sch 40 pvc,shut off ball valves on all

3. Back To Top    #3

Battle Creek, MI

Re: Intex pool leaking

I was in almost the same boat. Bought the Ultra Frame online in March but didn't install it until June. When I had a foot or so of water in it discovered a pinhole near the bottom seam. I'd had some experience patching an old blue Intex, so just decided to take care of it myself. I have read stories on here though of folks receiving a new liner and keeping the bad one.
    18'x4' AG Intex Ultra Frame, 6,700 gal., assembled new 2013; Mods: Hayward EC50C90 Perflex filter & 1 h.p. PowerFlo Matrix pump, Fiber Clear cellulose D.E. substitute, Hayward H100ID1 100,000 BTU NG heater, a pair of 2'x20' Sungrabber solar heaters via the original Intex 635T pump, grey Hydro Tools through-the-wall skimmer, Confer steps/ladder system & Cover Free chemical pool cover. The Summer of Mods!