Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New pool project coming, need some advice first please.

1. Back To Top    #1

New pool project coming, need some advice first please.

Everyone,
    I'd like to thank you for the contributions and posts about your builds. They have been very helpful sorting through many of the primary decisions that need to be made. It has also created some indecision on my part on a couple important items and would love to hear everyone's thoughts.

We are pretty set on a roman end pool with a 9' or 10' depth with an 8' diving board
    #1 20 x 40 or 18 x 44?

Surfaces
    #2 Gunite with Pebbletec or Pebble Sheen or Liner?
    I've read both price and general abrasive ness as downfalls of the Gunite and Pebbletec.
    I've read liners can be ripped, but typically cost plus a replacement or two are about equal to Gunite and pebbletec

Deck surfaces
    We like not slippery and not too hot to walk on. The rest is cost and appearance. Thoughts?

Anyone's input with experience on any of the above would be greatly appreciated, so please help me.
    Thanks,
    BQ
    20 x 44 vinyl IG 44,000 gal, Pentair 3hp vs intelliflo, intellichlor and starite heater.
    8 x 10 viking Royal hot tub
    tf100 test kit with k-1000 kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New pool project coming, need some advice first please.

If your considering a diving board, I would say the longer the better, and deeper the better, in my experience the common likely impact point for people while diving is mis-estimating the location of the slope going to the shallow end.
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: New pool project coming, need some advice first please.

20 x 44 vinyl IG 44,000 gal, Pentair 3hp vs intelliflo, intellichlor and starite heater.
    8 x 10 viking Royal hot tub
    tf100 test kit with k-1000 kit.