Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Before I head to the store, someone check my #'s

1. Back To Top    #1

Before I head to the store, someone check my #'s

Did a drain last night to get my CYA down....it is ready to be shocked.
    Also have a green pool.

These are my #'s

FC-5
    CC-0
    PH:7.6
    TA:90
    CYA:35

To get to a shock level of 14, if I'm doing this right, the Pool Calculator is saying to add 3875 oz. of bleach which is about 32 gallons.....is this right???
    [center:24l4i2yw]3 year old 30' round/54" wall, 23,000 gallon Tahitian AG with a vinyl liner. 1.5 HP pump with sand filter system.[/center:24l4i2yw]

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Before I head to the store, someone check my #'s

I get 429 ounces of 6 percent bleach.
    POOL: Intex ultra new in 2014 (32 x 16 x 52) (seasonal; on concrete pad covered with 1.5" extruded or whatever foam insulation sheets - ugly, but comfy); added a through-wall skimmer; I add salt for feel. EQUIPMENT: Pentair SuperFlo pump (1HP, 2SPD); Pentair cartridge filter (200 sq. ft); Pentair MasterTemp natural gas heater (400,000 btu) Climate/Location: Eastern Nebraska

3. Back To Top    #3

So that is 3 gallons plus one quart.

If using 8.25 percent bleach, it is 312 ounces.
    POOL: Intex ultra new in 2014 (32 x 16 x 52) (seasonal; on concrete pad covered with 1.5" extruded or whatever foam insulation sheets - ugly, but comfy); added a through-wall skimmer; I add salt for feel. EQUIPMENT: Pentair SuperFlo pump (1HP, 2SPD); Pentair cartridge filter (200 sq. ft); Pentair MasterTemp natural gas heater (400,000 btu) Climate/Location: Eastern Nebraska

4. Back To Top    #4

Did you put a decimal for the bleach percentage? If so, you don't need to.
    6.7K Pro Series 18x48, VL40T32 pump/filter, Hayward skimmer, TF100, and BBB!

5. Back To Top    #5

That sounds WAY high for a pool the size of yours, although you may well need that much to finish the whole process. I also get about the same number call it under 4 gallons, but don't forget you will likely need to boost it back to shock level often, I would start out with around 10 gallons on hand if the store is nearby.

Ike
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

6. Back To Top    #6

You should also lower your pH down to about 7.2 before you start the shock proces
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

7. Back To Top    #7

Ok, somebody can knock me in the head now. I ran my numbers again and got the same result so I made my daughter read everything out to me....I had 285500 gallons of water!!!! That's a huge pool.
    Thanks for the help guys or I would have ruined my pool.
    [center:24l4i2yw]3 year old 30' round/54" wall, 23,000 gallon Tahitian AG with a vinyl liner. 1.5 HP pump with sand filter system.[/center:24l4i2yw]