curious about price of stamped concrete

Is that the total? We are paying $6.5/sqft for the concrete pour and $4.5/sqft for a stamped overlay (I believe it's similar to Kool deck) so in total $11/sqft.
The decking cost is the largest single add on to my pool. :shock:

momoffourbabes said:
We are realizing the 400 sq feet the builder provides is not enough decking. We were quoted 8 sq foot for stamped concrete. Does that sound about right? We are looking at 300 extra square feet...ouch.

They are charging 13-16 here. Sundek/Kooldek (Acrylic) deck is running about 7.75-9.00 a square with all three builders we have talked too.

Yep, just had my poured and $8 per sq ft is a great deal....assuming of course the prep is correct. (I paid nearly $11)

If using fill, it must sit for a long time (3-4 months IMHO) to minimize shifting.
Then 4" stone compacted
Then rebar/mesh
Then 4" concrete

Killer95Stang said:
toofast said:
If using fill, it must sit for a long time (3-4 months IMHO) to minimize shift

How many people are going to wait 4 months after the pool is done to pour the deck? They build skyscrapers in shorter periods of time.

Yes, I agree - but they are using different construction techniques to ensure no settling...like driving pylons hundreds of feet into the ground.

My point is many people backfill, then pour a deck the next week...that is generally asking for trouble. Four months may be long, but the point is 1 week or 2 is really not enough.

How many people are going to wait 4 months after the pool is done to pour the deck? They build skyscrapers in shorter periods of time.[/quote]

I went 8 months. But then again 6 of those months were winter and the pool was closed. I wouldnt even think of pouring a concrete deck for at least 3-4 months after the pool was built.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.