Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: curious about price of stamped concrete

1. Back To Top    #1

curious about price of stamped concrete

We are realizing the 400 sq feet the builder provides is not enough decking. We were quoted 8 sq foot for stamped concrete. Does that sound about right? We are looking at 300 extra square feet...ouch.
    30k Gallon in-ground, Vinyl, Loop-Loc cover, Hayward Super Pump, Hayward s-200 sand filter, Dolphin supreme m5, TF100 Test Kit, Speed Stir

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: curious about price of stamped concrete

Is that the total? We are paying $6.5/sqft for the concrete pour and $4.5/sqft for a stamped overlay (I believe it's similar to Kool deck) so in total $11/sqft.
    The decking cost is the largest single add on to my pool.
    38'x24' freeform IG gunite, 26k gallons, 3.5' - 7'
    8t Moss rock waterfall with gunite slide
    SWCG, 2 x 2.7hp Hayward Tristar pumps, booster pump, 425 sqft cartridge, 400,000 BTU heater, Polaris Black Max 280, ProLogic PS8 & Aquapod

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by momoffourbabes
    We are realizing the 400 sq feet the builder provides is not enough decking. We were quoted 8 sq foot for stamped concrete. Does that sound about right? We are looking at 300 extra square feet...ouch.

They are charging 13-16 here. Sundek/Kooldek (Acrylic) deck is running about 7.75-9.00 a square with all three builders we have talked too.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

4. Back To Top    #4

Plumbing is our biggest cost. We have to run a gas line 100 feet (and electrical as well).
    30k Gallon in-ground, Vinyl, Loop-Loc cover, Hayward Super Pump, Hayward s-200 sand filter, Dolphin supreme m5, TF100 Test Kit, Speed Stir

5. Back To Top    #5

$8.00 per sq ft is a pretty good deal for colored and stamped. Here in CA it averages around $10
    Pool done!! (backyard = work in progress) 32' x 19' inground freeform with 7' spa, baja step w/ (2) bubblers, stonescapes mini pebble finish, rock waterfall feature, 12" raised bond beam, Intelliflo VS, Whisperflo feature pump, (3) 5G Color LED's, FNS + DE 60, 400K Master Temp, Easytouch 8 w/ remote, Intellichlor IC40, Vision Classic Ceramic Kamado smoker, Margaritaville DM1000!!! Party Coming Soon!!
    TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speedstir

6. Back To Top    #6

Yep, just had my poured and $8 per sq ft is a great deal....assuming of course the prep is correct. (I paid nearly $11)

If using fill, it must sit for a long time (3-4 months IMHO) to minimize shifting.
    Then 4" stone compacted
    Then rebar/mesh
    Then 4" concrete
    14,750 GAL IG Fiberglass (16 x 33) NE Ohio || Jandy 1HP 2 speed Pump || Waterco MultiCyclone 16 Centrifugal pre-filter (removed due to not working with sand filter) || 30" 575 Lb. Sand Filter || AquaCal 140K BTU Heat Pump || Solar Cover || Inter-fab Adrenaline Slide || GLI Monsoon Solar Cover Reel || K-2006C Test Kit || BBB with Liquid Chlorine Stenner Injection || Rayner Mighty Mesh Winter Cover

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by toofast

If using fill, it must sit for a long time (3-4 months IMHO) to minimize shift

How many people are going to wait 4 months after the pool is done to pour the deck? They build skyscrapers in shorter periods of time.
    Pool done!! (backyard = work in progress) 32' x 19' inground freeform with 7' spa, baja step w/ (2) bubblers, stonescapes mini pebble finish, rock waterfall feature, 12" raised bond beam, Intelliflo VS, Whisperflo feature pump, (3) 5G Color LED's, FNS + DE 60, 400K Master Temp, Easytouch 8 w/ remote, Intellichlor IC40, Vision Classic Ceramic Kamado smoker, Margaritaville DM1000!!! Party Coming Soon!!
    TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speedstir

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by Killer95Stang
    Quote Originally Posted by toofast

If using fill, it must sit for a long time (3-4 months IMHO) to minimize shift

How many people are going to wait 4 months after the pool is done to pour the deck? They build skyscrapers in shorter periods of time.
    Yes, I agree - but they are using different construction techniques to ensure no settling...like driving pylons hundreds of feet into the ground.

My point is many people backfill, then pour a deck the next week...that is generally asking for trouble. Four months may be long, but the point is 1 week or 2 is really not enough.
    14,750 GAL IG Fiberglass (16 x 33) NE Ohio || Jandy 1HP 2 speed Pump || Waterco MultiCyclone 16 Centrifugal pre-filter (removed due to not working with sand filter) || 30" 575 Lb. Sand Filter || AquaCal 140K BTU Heat Pump || Solar Cover || Inter-fab Adrenaline Slide || GLI Monsoon Solar Cover Reel || K-2006C Test Kit || BBB with Liquid Chlorine Stenner Injection || Rayner Mighty Mesh Winter Cover

9. Back To Top    #9

How many people are going to wait 4 months after the pool is done to pour the deck? They build skyscrapers in shorter periods of time.[/quote]

I went 8 months. But then again 6 of those months were winter and the pool was closed. I wouldnt even think of pouring a concrete deck for at least 3-4 months after the pool was built.
    14,000 gallon IG, Vinyl. Hayward 3/4 hp superpump, Penatair IC40 SWCG, Pentair automation, Hayward sand filter, Aqua Comfort heat pump, Hayward 400k Lo-Nox LP heater.

10. Back To Top    #10

$8 is a good deal. I couldn't get that low for a stamped pattern even after some negotiation.
    26,000 gal 18x36' IG Vinyl Pool - Hayward S244T Sand filter - Hayward Tri-star 2-speed 1.5HP pump - Goldline Aqua Plus SWCG and Controller with Tcell-15 - Aquacomfort 125K BTU Heatpump - Hayward Color Comfort 4.0 LED - Zodiac MX8 suction cleaner - TF100 test kit
    My Build thread

11. Back To Top    #11

~$8/ft in DFW area.

12. Back To Top    #12

I paid 4sqft for the concrete deck and 1.25sqft. for kool deck . the kind they fling on with a brush then go over with flat blade , However they did a crappy job with the coating pattern and it ponds alittle