Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need to repair air release valve on pump.

1. Back To Top    #1

Need to repair air release valve on pump.

Hello. Hoping someone can help me here. The air release valve on my Krystal Clear filter pump cracked yesterday. It's slightly cracked in a circle formation. I tried filling it with hot glue but it still leaks. I think I need to know what kind of plastic this is made of so I know what to seal it with. Any suggestions?

Thank you.
    Galaxy 21' x 54" 11 700 gallon A/G pool, Hayward Turbo Flo ll pump 1.5hp, Hayward 19" Sand Master filter 40gpm Vari-Flo XL valve, Krystal Clear SWG, Hayward pool heater 100 000 btu, Taylor K-2006 test kit., Wally the Whale auto pool cleaner. Installed July 2014.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Need to repair air release valve on pump.

This is probably made of PE (polyethylene), so no real way to seal it for any usable amount of time.

If the threads are intact then teflon tape could be used for a temporary fix until a replacement becomes available.
    Donīt be fooled by the sheep on my bike, I swim with fish in my sound equipped pool.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Need to repair air release valve on pump.

Ok, Thank you. I'll try the teflon tape for now.
    Galaxy 21' x 54" 11 700 gallon A/G pool, Hayward Turbo Flo ll pump 1.5hp, Hayward 19" Sand Master filter 40gpm Vari-Flo XL valve, Krystal Clear SWG, Hayward pool heater 100 000 btu, Taylor K-2006 test kit., Wally the Whale auto pool cleaner. Installed July 2014.