Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Beaded Liner Came Out

1. Back To Top    #1

Hillsborough, NC

Beaded Liner Came Out

Pool party this afternoon - 8 kids in the pool. At one point about 4' of the liner came out of the bead. Is this something I need to be concerned about? How to prevent this in future? I did not lose any water. I took the top rails off and pushed it back into the bead. Of course now that this happened I will worry about it happening again from now on.
    27' Round Might Sun AG Pool 18000 Gallon Intex Krystal Clear SWG Hayward Pump/Filter on a Timer

2. Back To Top    #2
    Twin Cities, MN

Re: Beaded Liner Came Out

Typically you do not need to take the top rail off to put back a liner bead into a bead receiver. I have heard of something called "bead lock" that also goes in the bead receiver along with the liner bead and helps keep it in there.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Tallahassee, FL

We have the bead lock on our pool. I have no idea where to get it as our installer had it with him.

BUT I have heard of people using pennies and Popsicle sticks. All you really need is something to fill in the space where the liner goes in the holder. Good luck!
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit, Become a TFP supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4
    East Texas

Maybe some of that round rubber stuff of the right diameter they use on screen windows?
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

5. Back To Top    #5
    Central IL.

Happened to me too except it had happened over the winter and was found out after the winter cover came off. Get this: ... 4Aod7FMAXg
    I just put it on our pool and it took around 4 hours as I had to remove all the top rails to be comfortable with the install. Will it work? Won't know until the next time, or lack of next time. I posted earlier on if anyone had success with the liner lock and never got a conclusive answer. I can tell you this though, that for $30 I "feel" a little more confident that it won't happen again.
    18' x 33' AGP
    16,715 gal.
    200 lb. Sand Filter w/Hayward PowerFlo MATRIX 1.5 H.P. 2 Spd. pump
    Stenner Injection Pump System

6. Back To Top    #6
    toronto, Ontario, Canada

When mine came out I put pennies in the bead with the liner still in place a few years later

Sent from my HTC Ruby using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    13500 gallon AG, build late 90's, Hayward S220T sand filter,1Hp aqua coastal
    Gasser BBQ broilmate 155154 LP, Smoker CGK (akorn)