Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: 25 year old pool, no rinse setting on multiport valve

1. Back To Top    #1

Ottawa,ON, Canada

25 year old pool, no rinse setting on multiport valve

I have a pool that is at least 25 years old and it has a hayward filter and a jacuzzi pump and I was looking on the multiport valve and it doesn't have a rinse setting. I only have Filter-Recirc-Backwash-Winter, it's a 4 way valve. Do I need rinse in order to have better sand cleaning? If so, can I just buy the multiport valve and keep my existing sand filter and just replace the valve portion?

Where would be a good place to purchase one online?
    8600 gallons AG Hayward Sand filter and Hayward 1.5hp Turbo Injection 2-speed pump. 23 year old pool on it's 3rd liner.
    Aquacheck test strip and OTO kit. Kontiki 2 automatic pool cleaner. Pool is filled form town water supply.

2. Back To Top    #2
    SW Indiana

Re: 25 year old pool, no rinse setting on multiport valve

Welcome to TFP!

Rinsing doesn't help with cleaning the filter. It operates the filter in the normal direction but instead of sending water to the pool, it goes to waste in case there is any debris caught on the pool side of the filter. It probably isn't worth making changes just to add that function.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat