Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What is it? "Flash" Robo cleaner

1. Back To Top    #1

What is it? "Flash" Robo cleaner

This was abandoned at a friends rental. Not sure what is needed to make it work, or if it can be made to work. I'm guessing I'm missing a Transformer or some sort of power box?
    Thanks for any info.

That which is seen is temporary, that which is unseen is eternal, therefore, focus on the unseen things.
    24x52 Intex
    Doughboy Media Master Sand Filter
    Hayward Pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: What is it? "Flash" Robo cleaner

Never heard of that one. Can you find any other identifying labels? Maybe inside of it.

You are correct that you need a transformer ... but hard to find if we can not ID the manufacturer.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

looks similar to some of the older maytronics bots. pull the debris bag out and look inside the housing for a label there should be one there regardless of the manufacturer
    Nathan
    15x30 gunite 18k gallons Hayward star clear plus 120sqft cart

4. Back To Top    #4

I didn't see anything on the underside, I should have taken a picture of that as well, Maybe the bag is missing, would it be an actual material bag?
    That which is seen is temporary, that which is unseen is eternal, therefore, focus on the unseen things.
    24x52 Intex
    Hayward Pump

5. Back To Top    #5

What does the bottom look like? It should have a plate or something that is removeable with a bag attached to it.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter

6. Back To Top    #6

typically either a mesh bag or screen filter if you flip it over there is usually a pair of clips or tabs holding a plate on and the screen goes inside or its a bag that just attaches to the top outlet by a tie string but there should be some type of label or molded markings or numbers on the bot
    Nathan
    15x30 gunite 18k gallons Hayward star clear plus 120sqft cart

7. Back To Top    #7

It's a Aquabot express clone?
    The below part numbers google to aquabot. And I see a aquabot power supply matches up. But $200+?
    24x52 Intex
    Hayward Pump

8. Back To Top    #8

24x52 Intex
    Hayward Pump

9. Back To Top    #9

Yup looks like an Aquabot Xpress.

Looks like the bottom cover and bag are missing as well. These things are not cheap ... it is $800 new. Although spending $200 for a power supply to see if it works is a bit harsh.

Might see if you can find a local dealer to have it checked out and see if it is worth the $200-$300 in parts to get up and running.
    Jason, TFP Moderator

10. Back To Top    #10

I think I will troll ebay for a broken aquabot with PSU, and see if I can make 1 good out of two. No dealers nearby, at least according to aquabot site. Compatible models?
    24x52 Intex
    Hayward Pump