New Build w/ Pics DYI Semi Inground

Re: Install issue top rail not fitting!

The walls on oval pools wave like that so it is normal. I think he tightened the screws down too much.

Re: Install issue top rail not fitting!

Don't freak out.

I've seen other pics of oval pools with wavey side walls, I believe that is normal.
Is the pool wall seated in all the bottom rails/tracks?
I believe the bottom rails along the sides are actually curved a bit, every pic I've seen shows them as curved.

The posts are the uprights that run vertically between the bottom and top tracks, you put that stringline along one side of them.
The sides of an oval pool take a disproportionate amount of weight since the pool is not round, thus the sidewalls have reinforced posts with the angled support peices.
Those need to be levelled vertically, it's just something to check and confirm, I'm sure their all fine.

You just need to confirm what all is done marginally, that's all, don't freak out.
If you go thru everything and confirm that it's just one post that is out I think you'll be ok, if there's several other things that's a different story.

As for the top rails, perhaps the installer has a bit of a point but didn't word it properly. No pool is probably ever going to go together perfectly round (or oval) at the top rail and it's dosn't need to, the top rails can be out a bit. My own pool is not perfectly round at the top rail, any imperfections in the bottom will be magnified at bit at the top.
That said, the rails should still be able to be put in place and screwed in, they may just need some coaxing.

Do as Casey recommended, loosen all the rails and try to get them all on and then go around tightening. If your filling the pool this may not be possible as the water get's higher.
Take a deep breath and relax, you just have to confirm if that one post is the only problem.

I set up my AG pool (21 Round) so I don't know the challenges the flat walls add but these are my comments.

The bowed walls in the flat are normal.

The installer should have squared up the pool after the straight sections and their plates were added by measuring the diagonals. You could take the caps off the ends of the flat walls and measure both diagonals, they should be the same. If they are not, you need to get them fixed as nothing after this will be straight (the end-wall ovals). Since the base plates are under the water, under the liner and under the sand, you cannot adjust them. If the pool is square at this point, I think you could (may be able to) adjust the ovals

http://www.aqualeader.com/pdf/piscine/I ... ontour.pdf

See step 10 in this guide. It may not be your pool but it applies to all of them.

Hi Cramar. Yes, I was out at 7am this morning in my robe & slippers checking the leveling of the pool. The vertical post are level and the top rails are horizontally level. I will check the bottom rail.

I am going to take Casey's advice!

Gorgeous Rotty! I have a 2 year old female! She's my second Rotty n most certainly not my last! My brother also owns one! I just love them!!!

Hi Techguy

I will measure later today per your suggestion. If the measurement is off will removing top rail and caps untighten and re tighten the screws help? I am thinking this is a hands on try and found out what will fix the issue and what will not!

Thanks!

Quick update. The pool installer came by a lil bit ago and looked at my pool concerns. He is coming over early tomorrow morning to remove the top rail and the caps and re straighten and re fit the posts. So we will see how that goes.

Off to help hubby set the deck posts! It is 90 degrees and humid. All this after an already long day at work. Yay fun times!!

The lower one the wall you measure, the better but it may be hard with the wall and liner already in place. But if the risers are 90 to the grounds, the tops will be easier to find a consistent point(screw hole?)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Got the temporary posts up and ready for the backfill to start tomorrow! Pool installer coming to "adjust" the pool tomorrow morning.[attachment=0:j3qlzgg3]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374111919.417117.jpg[/attachment:j3qlzgg3]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374111919.417117.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374111919.417117.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 96
Tomorrow morning when the installer comes and takes the caps off my hubby is going to measure with him standing there with us. I had a bad feeling that if we tried the adjustment of the posts or removed anything the installer would blame the last person touched it syndrome!
I had my husband read your post about the measurement of the pool and he understand what you are meaning so I will let you know if it's good or bad news!

Thanks speedo!

It's going a lot better than yesterday. The installer came by the house today removed the top rail and caps and adjusted the posts.

We started the backfill with hubby and me taking turns shoveling and running the bobcat. The pics below are a rough backfill and we will continue tomorrow before work. Whew, I'm wore out!

[attachment=2:12ya25d3]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374195496.633873.jpg[/attachment:12ya25d3][attachment=1:12ya25d3]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374195513.233541.jpg[/attachment:12ya25d3][attachment=0:12ya25d3]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374195543.567289.jpg[/attachment:12ya25d3]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374195496.633873.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374195496.633873.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 72
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374195513.233541.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374195513.233541.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 72
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374195543.567289.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374195543.567289.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 72
Please update.

Personally, I wouldn't have backfilled until I knew every top rail was in place and screwed in.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.