Solare covers

I fold mine up, wrap it in a tarp & put it out of site. I don't like it in the pool when we are in it.

I was entertaining the thoughts of a pvc harness/saddle on back side of the pool ~ but didn't really care for how they look, either.

The reels for us have not even been entertained ~ I don't want the posts and everyone I know who has them (all but 1) don't care for their reel.

We only have a 27' ~ I am guessing if it were larger or I was older dealing with the cover could be an issue, but I easily put it on when needed and remove it. We also don't care for bathwater temps so this isn't a daily thing for me. Even with unseasonably cool temps and rains mine has been folder for a week maybe even two at this point.

Our neighbors have a 24' ~ I believe they cut their cover like a pie for easier handling. They remove it fold it and wrap in tarp. If you place the cover uncovered in your yard it will kill the grass. I river rocked around ours so I have almost 2 feet wide are, this allows mine sits nicely behind and no one sees it.

Before mine comes out of the pool it looks exactly like yours in the picture, its rolled just like that. I then fold the ends towards the center a time or two and lift it right out & place it on the tarp that I am standing on as I fold the ends inward. Not sure if you are able to manage that but thought I would let you know, if you placed a tarp in the back area and were able to fold the ends in a time or two it should be able to be pulled out pretty easily and gravity will drop it right onto the tarp on the ground below.

After I responded I noticed yours is a 24' like my neighbors ~ you can cut those solar blankets into sizes that make it easier for one person to handle so that's an idea for you to think about as well. When they are cut it's a little added safety feature if a little one or dog/critter find their way to the pool and on the cover they have escape-ways and won't suffocate in the solid blanket. I think that played part in my neighbor cutting theirs ~ they have children / grandchildren and dogs.

There are posts on the forums about self made saddles ~ I have read a couple where pvc was used. They look relatively simple to make. I am middle aged female and feel confident I could look at the picture and construct one. A couple of them are pretty snazzy. I do like the ones people made a lot better than the one you can buy from the poool supply stores. The pvc made ones just have a nicer look and appear to be sturdier.

my pool is way smaller but i roll it up with a piece of pvc tube. makes it way easier to roll and unroll. then i just set it on 2 chairs that are spaced apart. ive been thinking about hanging it on the side of the house or the outside of the pool but havent gotten around to it.

DKT113 said:
There are posts on the forums about self made saddles ~ I have read a couple where pvc was used. They look relatively simple to make. I am middle aged female and feel confident I could look at the picture and construct one. A couple of them are pretty snazzy. I do like the ones people made a lot better than the one you can buy from the pool supply stores. The pvc made ones just have a nicer look and appear to be sturdier.

I would be very interested in making a saddle. I cannot see howe to attach the hooks to the side of an intex . Are the saddles separate from the pool? Also I believe I will cut my solar blanket in half, it is difficult at best to roll and remove without it hitting the dirt. Thank you for all you do. My pool is crystal clear using BBB!

If you use the search forum I know I have seen several DIY projects where people attached them to pools ~ intex I am not sure. I know if I was making one I would not want it permanently attached. They look super easy to put together.

There is possibly an intex section ~ check there and see if people have made a saddle and how they did it. If there isn't an example if the weight can be supported by your walls see how you could implement from the examples shown in the DIY AGP.

Thank you for the reply DKT113 I will go on a search for the saddle DIY. I do not want it attached but if it can be close enough to the pool I would be up for it. Otherwise I may just make a LARGE blanket/quilt caddy that can sit next to the pool using pvc pipes.
Thank you again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.