k-2006 - acid & base demand usage question

jp4120

May 11, 2012
Norristown, PA
when would you realistically use the acid demand and base demand that comes in the K-2006?
have been using the test kit for 2 years and never have had the need, easier to just approximate when adding chems.

kind of seems like a bit of a rip off but I am nitpicking since the k-2006 has saved me money and led to great water but wondering if I am missing subtle benefits.

looking to order some replacement reagents - any problem with using the cheapest which is USPS first class mail? since i notice you recommend USPS priority mail.

also noticed that aother reagent companiy has told me they can't ship chemicals via USPS and have to use UPS or FedEx....will USPS work ok from your company?

The other use for the acid and base demand is sometimes they make the pH test a little easier to read. For example, if you are in between 7.4 and 7.6, you can use one to change the color and be sure that it was in between.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.