Wood pool wall issue

Jul 17, 2013
I have an 18x36 rectangular pool with vinyl liner and wood walls. I need a new liner and some work on the wood walls. The 18' ends are bowing in a couple of inches. My property management company received a quote for $13,000 to do the work. This seems a little high to repair the walls and install a new liner. Any advice, referral, or info would be helpful. Thanks, Greg

Seems like $13,000 would get you a new pool.

If the walls are bowed in, it would seem that the wood wall boards have either rotted or the backfill has collapsed... or both.

Sounds like the quote includes removing all the boards, determining which need to be replaced, replacing the dead ones and then addressing the wall issue and then having the custom liner made? for the pool. Is replacement with a new pool an option?

You may not get many takers on repairing the wood walls. Apparently you have at least one, though.

I think a new pool might be a better investment unless there is a sentimental attachment to ole' woody.

Depends on the pool. I am not recommending or not-recommending this company but they have some online pricing for you to get an idea of the cost of a kit.

http://www.doheny.com/swimmingpools/Ing ... tyles.html

I think these are walls that you setup and then add a vermiculite or concrete floor. Doughboy and Premiere make pools with aluminum walls that you can bury. You add a liner to them with a sand or vermiculite floor.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.